We buy houses in Kaysville Utah, and we are aware that relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Kaysville UT home sellers calling us or submitting their home info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Kaysville UT.” The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their property quickly (because we’re actively buying homes in Kaysville UT right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize In Kaysville UT
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant property for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Kaysville UT, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Kaysville UT property fast?
I’m Relocating And Need To Sell My Home In Kaysville – Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no-cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the property may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able/willing to sell the home.
- Decide how fast you need to sell the house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their properties on the market for over a year before selling a house for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your property… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the property… costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local home buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer. <<Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our homes for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the $ amount of how much it costs you to hold onto this property. The costs involved include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your home for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that property through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers’ agent and 3% for the sellers agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell the home next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to Kaysville UT home buyers like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Kaysville UT agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your home to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other homes around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank. We love helping people to solve complicated problems. Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Cash For Houses In Kaysville UT
We’re investors or homebuyers in Kaysville UT. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Kaysville UT homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their homes for one reason or another (we purchase homes in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Kaysville UT community. We’re honest and straightforward. Sell your house in Utah. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.